Thursday, March 31, 2011

Secrets to parenting your adult child

To be honest, when we received this book I was wondering how I would be able to give a proper review on it. I'm a parent of a young child, so I didn't think there would be much in this book for me. And while at time I found that some of the stuff written was beyond me, I also felt like I was being empowered for the future. There were some great tools in the book for parents, and I feel like I'm that much more prepared for when I face the task of parenting an adult child! I don't feel like there is much I can say on whether the book was spot on or not, since I haven't got the experience of having adult children and am far from it yet. However I will say that I very much enjoyed the tone of the author, it was like reading a conversation with her and I like that. There are so many times that books like these seem to take on an arrogant almost condescending tone when speaking of "How" to parent. I'm happy to say this book didn't do that. There are a few people I know who are facing the task of raising adult children, and I will definitely be passing along my recommendation for them to read this book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: