Sunday, February 27, 2011

If God, why evil?

If God, Why Evil?: A New Way to Think about the Question  -     
        By: Norman L. Geisler


This is one of those books that help answer one of the toughest questions out there. As a minister's wife the question is asked quite often, and I honestly struggle to find an appropriate answer at times. How to explain evil to a fallen world?
Geisler does a fantastic job of going through the Bible and openly discussing all the "Controversial" questions that no one seems to want to answer. Also, one of the things I truly appreciated in his book was how he equipped the readers regarding the debates of evolution and creation. Honestly, I don't fully understand all there is to know about evolution and it's hard to find an author who's willing to take that step out there (with intelligent points) and discuss evolution along side intelligent design. I really enjoyed two sections of his book, one was in the chapter "Evidence for the existence of God" where Geisler talks about microbiology and the complexity of it that indicates (and I believe proves) that there is intelligent design.
I also really enjoyed reading in the third appendix about his problems with the book "The Shack". I think I'm one of the few Christians out there who just didn't get into this book. I tried reading it a few times and it really rubbed me the wrong way. Geisler really gets to the heart of why parts of the book could while sounding nice, are doctrinally dangerous.
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: