Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Girl in the Gatehouse

Girl in the Gatehouse, The, Julie Klassen, 978-0-7642-0708-2 Julie Klassen is quickly becoming one of my very favorite authors, I've enjoyed a few of her other books (The silent governess, was one!) and absolutely love each one I read!
The story has a really great flow to it, and a sense of mystery surrounding it as well! (Which I really appreciate, this book  kept me on my toes straight till the end!).  The story basically is about a young woman who makes a fairly big mistake and is sent to live elsewhere, (obviously within a gate house!) we get to see her struggles as she tries to find a way to make ends meet (For both her self and her governess) and as she learns how to keep a household running.
This was a great book (like all of Klassen's books!) I would really recommend this to anyone wanting a good fiction read, the book was quite good and I think even a non-Christian would enjoy it. It didn't come across as preachy, but still have a good Christian message within it!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: