Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Permission to speak freely

To be perfectly honest, I was a bit weary of this book. As a pastor's wife there are so many times (and books it seems) putting down the church and it's leadership. They take the personal responsibility away from each member (With leadership included) and place it solely on the Pastor's shoulder. So when I was beginning to read this book I was a bit hesitant to really get into it, thinking it was just another "lets blame the pastor" type of thing. I have to say though, I was pleasantly surprised and immensely enjoyed the book. This didn't push personal responsibility on others, it more focused on accepting our own responsibility and letting others know that they are struggling with the same things. I loved the chapter of the book where it talked about letting fear rule our lives and keeping us from speaking freely. I found that I was agreeing with a lot in there and felt personally convicted by some of it.
I'd highly recommend this book, its a really great example of exactly what the title describes, fear confession and grace.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available now at your favourite bookseller."

No comments: