Thursday, September 02, 2010

Love, Charleston

Honestly, I really didn't expect to like this book.  I don't know why I had the impression that It would be corny, but when i picked it up to read I settled myself in for a boring time. I'm so glad i was wrong! This turned out to be an amazing book! I had originally thought this would turn out to be a historical/love story kind of book, and those really aren't my thing.
The book is mostly focused around three women (2 who are sister's and their cousin) and the new minister who moves to town. Throughout the book we are introduced and follow along with the struggles that each has to face, and the different crises they are facing. I really appreciated the storyline about Lish and the struggles she faced, I thought it was quite an honest look at a not so nice thing. I appreciated the directness and almost brutality she used to describe the situations. There was no fluffing over of the post-partum depression, or any of the the other situations. I thought that part of the story was exceptionally well thought out and sincere.
Really, this book brings its readers straight into the story and holds them to the very end. There were so many things going on in the book that I didn't see coming. I absolutely loved this book and will be looking for more from this author! Definitely one I'd recommend to anyone and everyone!!

No comments: