Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Masquerade

I feel the need (yet again, lol) to mention how much I love historical fiction books, so I think it'll go without saying that I really enjoyed this book! When I read the discription on the back of the novel I was a bit weary though, the idea of switching roles in fiction has been done (and overdone) many times in my opinion. I was however greatly surprised and relieved to see that this book presented it in a new and very inspiring way. I love the lessons that Lottie (the heiress being forced into marriage to an American she's never met) learned after making the switch with Dora (Her personal maid who went on the trip with her). I also really liked the overall message of the book (Which was twofold): that God will direct our paths, and that love over everything else, is the most important.
I would 100% recommend this book to everyone, it isn't so preachy that a non-Christian wouldn't enjoy it, but its got enough gospel in there to satisfy the readers (and likers) of Christian fiction!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: